July 07, 2009

Ding Dong

After several months hiatus I have decided to resume the blog. It has stopped, started, moved and chased its own tail but now I feel the stirrings of actual blogging.
Recapping from the last (ages ago) post I got the laptop back from Penzance station after several phone calls and a car dash. The car dash wasn’t really necessary in sleepy honest Cornwall but it did accentuate the drama. It had been handed in by the wonderful Eileen who left a note. I haven't been able to get in contact with her but am very grateful.

As the country recovers from a mini-heat-wave and wonders whether that is summer done and dusted I am writing my book to be published by my new publisher, O Books. The book didn’t have a title for a long time and then in a flash of lucidity it told me it was called, I Am Psychic. I emailed the name to John Hunt and got back, ‘I like”. Squeal! He didn’t squeal, I did. It is exactly what it says on the tin and I’m enjoying it very much.

Martyn is also writing a book. It is a compilation of true-life extraordinary stories for Summersdale Publishing and the generosity of people who have shared their tales and bared their souls is amazing.

Over the last few months I have had an offer of representation from a TV talent agent, who I will sign with when my book is finished and I have been invited to Kuwait to host a Beyond Bliss retreat – oh yes life is grand.

Tomorrow Mick and I are popping to London as I am going to Random House for a focus group discussion on ebooks. I think the digital book market is going to be huge and I have ‘seen’ in my future wanderings ebook dispensing machines at airports whereby books are downloaded or blue-toothed to your reader instantly. Martyn and I discussed this in detail and he suggested I patent the idea. It seems however that Nokia have already done it - a long time ago.

I'm wondering whether to have my book, Past Life Tourism as an ebook or update it and offer it to a new publisher. I had considered having my own digital publishing house but when I looked into it further it hurt my brain.

Thank you for reading x