January 14, 2008

Room with a view


That seemingly never ending hunt for venues continues. How hard can it be? All I want is a room somewhere far away from ... oh that’s not my line is it?
My wish list is thus:
for my day courses - somewhere peaceful, beautiful, accessible and not stupidly expensive.
for my weekend retreats - the same but with beds that are comfy and food that is tasty.

The perfect places are out there. If you know of any please let me know. The view doesn't have to be quite like the picture although that would be nice. It is the hotel on Andros, bliss! I'll happily takes groups there if there is enough interest.

I’ll be seeing Lizzie this week and we have a couple to look at for the stuff we do together so please keep various body parts crossed.

I’ve been wondering about what makes us read blogs. Are we attracted to particular styles or types do you suppose depending on whether it is business or pleasure? Is it determined by mood or where our thoughts are at a particular time?
The ones I read most regularly are Wife in the North, Helena Frith Powell, Roz Savage, Justine Larbalestier and Lizzie's. I dip into a few others that are writing related and there are some that I fall into accidentally, bookmark them and then promptly forget they ever existed.

I’ve been researching celebs and their beliefs for promo stuff for Past Life Tourism and Psychic Salon and have discovered that Michael Caine is a firm believer in reincarnation. Do you think he’d like to read my book?

My book is coming on well. Each time I open it to work I giggle as my publisher refers to it as the psychiatric salon. The word salon is drawled out in a very southern state sort of way and many times I think I live in one.

No comments: