March 05, 2008

Voices everywhere

Back home it is serious writing time. Psychic salon has taken over my mind, my life and my keyboard. However, my fiction is vying for attention by pushing relentlessly into my brain – mainly in the night.

I have spent so much time creating the characters and their lives that they have become real. So real that I am finding things out about them that I didn’t know. Last night a ‘new voice’ started up. Ha ha not one of those voices telling me to find something sharp!
One of the women started to narrate the story to me and I hadn’t planned that at all.

As I write this I’m wondering if we don’t actually make up stories. Perhaps these people already exist on a quantum level and all we do is observe their actions or grab hold of a passing thought.
Maybe they just allow us to write about them.

I have just finished reading; In the Company of the Courtesan by Sarah Dunant. It is superb and made me cry.

No comments: